Favourite Things #1

I'm back early with a post all about my favourites from over the past few weeks - it's a real mix so bear with!

First up for makeup is the Max Factor Face Finity All Day Primer which not only has a handy locking cap but is also smoothing on the skin and keeps my makeup in place all day. If you're not a fan of silicone primers this could potentially work for you although it can feel slightly slippery on the fingers but not as bad as others I've tried.

Another makeup wonder product and new holy grail for me is the Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner which comes in pen form which makes application ten times more simple for cack-handed humans like myself, and it's super black and skinny to make that perfect feline flick. It's also an absolute bargain at under £6!

After a trip to IKEA I started burning their Sinnlig Scented Candle in Calming Spa which matches my room as it's grey, but also smells wonderful and seems to burn forever and will not give up! So impressive for just 85 pence.

I've also been obsessing over the Blossom Cottage Elderflower Cordial - it's £2.50 from Sainsbury's and just adds a little something extra to plain old water.

Finally I had my ears pierced (at Timebomb in Croydon, which is where my friends go and recommended, and the service was excellent, couldn't recommend enough) and I've been collecting a few pairs of earrings to wear once they've healed, but my favourites are these Pilgrim Silver Plated Star Cuff and Stud Earrings from ASOS which were only £9.99 but seem such great quality and will add a bit of an edge to a simple jeans-and-a-tee outfit I think.


These few months also saw Paco Rabanne Lady Million used a lot - it's my signature scent now and just lingers all morning. I love layering this over the body lotion as it really does lock in the fragrance and keep it lasting for a few more hours.

The M&S Morello Cherry Jam has been a new discovery for me and I am obsessed - not only is it perfect on toast but I made the best Morello Cherry Cupcakes for the Season 4 premiere of OITNB (get it - Morello? I should've just called them Lorna's Cupcakes really!). Sainsbury's do one too but for 20p more I prefer the M&S one.

I've been a firm lover of Dove Summer Glow for years, but when I saw the Dove DermaSpa Summer Revived Tan Lotion I just had to try it - and it's fab. Use every day built me up a subtle, natural but noticable glow in just 2 weeks, and it was very even, even without a mitt. Also, can we just address this packaging - I mean, wow. The matte packaging just feels so luxurious, like a high end product, and it's gold, which is gorgeous in itself. Well done, Dove.

A bit of a random, spur-of-the-moment purchase were these stickers from ebay - but look how cute! Some look like cakes, but others look like real-life makeup products (despite the lip pencils being made by 'Mars' and there being a 'WAC' concealer!) and others look like little perfumes which I'm keeping to give to my friend who loves designer for her birthday because I know she'll just adore them! Here's a link to them, and mine shipped within a couple of weeks, but you can just search 'transparent stickers' and loads come up!


What are your current favourites?
x ESP

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.