Closet Confidential TAG


I love clothes. Like, a lot. I have a large wardrobe, two under-bed drawers, three large boxes and four drawers full of them. So, I know I'm late to the party, but I thought I'd do the 'Closet Confidential' tag to give you a little peek into my wardrobe.



1. What is the oldest item in your wardrobe/closet? I wore this dress for my tenth birthday party ('I'm a Celebrity' themed with challenges - there's still a whipped cream mark on the collar) with black tights when purple was my favourite colour; my  mum bought it on one of her few and far between escapades to Asda. Now, it still fits me (same length too - I was a tall ten-year-old but am a short 15-year-old) and would be amazing for a party (or would have been for New Year's... damn!) due to the shine of the sequins (which aren't itchy because of the super thick lining).


2. What is the newest item? After searching for months for a khaki parka with a #superfurryhood, I found this one tucked away in the corner of Primark all alone in an 8: my size, YAY! It fits me perfectly and looks so cute with booties and skinny jeans! And it was a bargain at £30! Result!


3. What is the most expensive item? I rarely spend a lot of money on clothes or accessories, however this was the dress my amazing mother bought for me for my year 6 leavers' ball, age 11. It does still fit me, and I am dying for an occasion to wear it to, as it is so stunning. It was from Red Herring at Debenhams and cost around £60, so not really steep but not cheap either for a dress I've only worn the once. However, I feel like a princess when I do wear it, and it will never go out of style as it's such a simple design.


4. What is the cheapest/most affordable item? (that you wear/use a lot!) My Primark faux-leather jacket for sure. I had been looking for a simple faux leather jacket for ages when I stumbled across this one. I didn't want to spend big bucks on real leather as I didn't know how often I'd wear it, but I love the shape of this so much that I wear it at least twice a week, and it was only £18! Now I'm hunting down a real leather one, however finding a shape as nice as this is very tricky.


5. What was the biggest bargain? I'm a bargain hunter, so it was hard to choose, however these booties may still be available for you to snatch up in New Look as I bought them in the sale recently. These are black, real leather booties, that only cost me £20! I could not believe it, and neither could my mum when I showed her.


6. What was the biggest waste of money?! As previously mentioned, I don't spend a lot on clothes, and these didn't cost me a lot, however even though I love them and have owned them for nearly 2 years, I have never worn these black trousers. Why? Because my Mother came home after I'd bought these, having purchased the same pair which she wears all the time, therefore whenever I put them on I fear that she will be wearing them too!


 BONUS - show us your favourite items right now! My current FAVES are this grey high neck jumper from New Look which looks great with skinny jeans and a messy bun on a lazy Sunday, or with a black skirt and hair tucked in as a faux-bob for a night out. It's such a versatile piece that everyone should own. My other favourite is this sparkly bodycon dress, also from New Look, that my best friend convinced me to buy for a party. The geometric pattern is so glittery and the shape, with low back and 3/4 length sleeves, really suits my body shape. I'm wearing it with cobalt blue flats and jewellery for the party (even though my naturally 5'8" bestie is wearing heels that make her 6 foot, therefore I'm even tinier!)


Let me know your favourite wardrobe staples!

Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.