I'm a London baby


I'm a London baby. I'm a born and raised Londoner, and I am so proud of it. I know the rules of tube-taking (stand on the right, walk on the left - not stand on the right, block everyone on the left with your GIANT suitcase Mr Buzzcut with the annoying large backpack).
I'm an excellent navigator; I can get back to Soho Square from ANYWHERE in London, as, in my Father's opinion, Soho is the centre of the universe. I am able to walk for ages in a pair of heels due to many a night out featuring tube delays and cancellations. I can understand (and respond to) phrases such as 'Where is the nearest station?' and 'Where am I?' in many languages, from lost tourists. I'm able to get my hands on most shop stock as it's all under my nose. The variety of places to eat is extreme - I'll never go hungry, and my palette is wide.

As you can tell, I love my city and all that it contains. However, despite the many perks, there are a few downsides. It's rare that you'll see me shopping on a Saturday as all the high streets near me are littered with tourists. As a teenager, I'm constantly judged by London workers as if I have no idea what I'm doing on the tube - it's annoying. I end up having many late nights as I go to school a little way outside the city and seeing friends is awkward. Living space is small with little light as it's a concrete jungle. I'm sick a lot due to tube sneezes or not using hand sanitiser every single time I touch anything in the city. 

But I'm smitten with a city, and I'll never move anywhere else, even if by the time I come to move out rent prices are ridiculously high and I'm living in a house with seven other people, I'll do it as it's London, and that's the best place in the world.

Why do you love where you live?

Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.