What's In My Travel Makeup Bag? (UK Somerset Holiday 2014)

 
 

So during the last week of August I went to Somerset for a week (or, as I write this, am going for a week... scheduling is weird!) and I thought I'd share the makeup I brought with me - it's a very simple makeup bag with a few options for each thing so yah, but this is mostly my everyday makeup look too. (check instagram for photos from the holiday @hi_lizziep) The bag, if you were wondering, is from Cath Kidston and it's her Pink Spot Cosmetics Bag from about a year ago, it's super good quality and fits a lot of stuff: see below.

 

First up is primer - survival of the smallest kicks in with the Benefit Porefessional - it's good, but I prefer my Witch Anti-Blemish one. Foundation is tricky but a buildable coverage comes from the Rimmel Match Perfection plus it has SPF18. Being the concealer junkie I am, 3 of my friends came along: Kiko Full Cover, Maybelline Fit Me and Essence Stay Natural. Finish the base with some Seventeen Miracle Matte Powder and I'm set.... hahaha!

My favourite makeup element is cheeks - for blush//bronzer//highlight I brought along my Sleek Face Form Kit as it's easy, but then I chucked in the Bourjois Cream Blush in 01 as it's a good'un. My face isn't complete without some serious #browgame so I packed my MUA PowerBrow and MUA Brow Define Gel in Fair.

I tend to keep my eyes quite simple with some eyeshadows from my Revolution Iconic 3 Palette (FYI Naked 3 DUPE!) primed with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, then a little liner in the form of Stila Smudge Stick in either Tetra, Stargazer or Oscarfish. Or, if I'm feeling even simpler, just some Maybelline Permanent Taupe Colour Tattoo and Revlon Bold Laquer Mascara.
 

Last are the lips, which I like to have a few (*cough* 10 *cough*) options for. My staple nude lips consists of the Natural Collection Lipliner in Almond followed by the MUA Matte Lipstick in Fawn Fancy topped off with Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss in Pink Crystals. My pinks choices are the Look Loud Lip Liner in Petal Nude with either the Soap and Glory Gloss Stick in Bashful or the Clarins Lip Perfector in Candy Shimmer or the Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart. My bold(er) choice is the LA Colours Lipliner in Deepest Purple with the Seventeen Lip Crayon in Knockout, but I'll probably rock Illamasqua Cherub all week to be honest.


What are your travel makeup bag staples?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.