August Favourites 2014: Beauty and Random


Favourites time again everyone, and today I have a lot of really awesome products to tell you about. I was debating whether or not to do a favourites post this month, but  a few things just had to be raved about, so here goes...
 
Let's kick off with the beauty bits - skincare first and a few of my HG items did come to an end over August so I cracked out some oldies but goodies: the Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Cleanser is something I swore I would never let touch my face again, however Rebecca convinced me to give it a go again and as a quick morning tone/cleanse if I'm running late it's a staple. Another old flame is the Simple Sun-Kissed Moisture Cream, which if you remember was what I used this time last year. It's a lightweight moisturiser which has some (read: I can't tell a difference but I'm sure there's something there) tanning benefits but doesn't break me out! Then a newbie is the Body Shop Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash which is quite a new release, but one the big bloggers have already been chatting about - it does feel very cooling and really leaves one's face feeling very refreshed when applied to a dry face then emulsified with some lukewarm water and a John Lewis Face Cloth, which are the nicest face cloths I've found and they're only 45p each! Cheaper than primark? Bargain! Last for non-makeup faves is a single haircare product; the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Spray. I notice a difference in the shininess and frizziness of my hair when I forget to use this, as it really does enhance the smoothness and sleekness.

Then the makeup loves. For my everyday base I've been opting for a buildable coverage but still a long lasting finish and the Rimmel Match Perfection has been that; it's also is the perfect shade and is super easy to blend. Adorning my cheeks is the Bourjois cream blush in Nude Velvet, with my neglected NYC Manhat-tan bronzer, which sadly smashed on purchase last year and has been left at the back of a drawer since, but after an intense clear-out I've discovered how nice of a bronzer it is, although it probably will go back in a drawer over winter as I like a more contoured look rather than bronzed.

Defining my brows every day from now on is the MUA Brow Define Gel in Blonde - the brush does pick up a little too much product, but for everyday definition and a cheaper alternative to Benefit Gimmee Brow, this is amazing for only £2! Then as a primer, you know I love the Essence I Heart Stage Base for the simple reason that it keeps my shadows in place all day! Then as liner and mascara go, the stila smudge stick in stargazer sticks in my tightline all day and night, and my Revlon Bold Laquer Mascara also sticks around and provides a lot of curl and thickness. Only one lip favourite, but it's all I need: the Clarins Lip Perfector in 05 Candy Shimmer: the scent, the colour, the feeling; you need one!

Okay, random favourites now. Music-wise I've been listening to 'All Too Well' by Taylor Swift, Ingrid Michaelson's 'You and I' and Holly Drummond's cover of 'Crazy Kids' non-stop! My holiday to Somerset was a lot of fun this month, and a new movie favourite was made in the form of black comedy 'Withnail and I', set in the late 60's - it is a good'un if you don't mind a bit of a lot of swearing! Fashion has been all about my super high waist skinny jeans from Primark, which are the comfiest, softest, best-at-sucking-in-that-tummy-when-you've-eaten-too-many-cakes jeans for cheap.

Last favourite is the #icebucketchallenge for Motor Neuron Disease and ALS - I've loved watching them, and mine is on my instagram @hi_lizziep if you fancy hearing me sound like I've cried due to the fact that this was take 2 as mum didn't record the first one (despite 3 trial runs!) and I had indeed cried with laughter, hearing my dad almost swear, and hearing my mum gasp REALLY louding when I get covered. Thankfully you don't hear me scream.

Share your favourites in the comments!

Love, E X

 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.