Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation {in 51 Light Vanilla} Review


I don't know how many of you loyal readers will remember me buying this foundation on Amazon a couple of months ago after it being out of stock everywhere in my shade... no? Oh ok then. But I promised a review and so here it is!

Starting with how I apply -  the consistency is a new one for me, a serum-gel that reminds me of La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo [+] but a bit more liquid. I have tried a few brushes and a sponge or two, but I'd say fingers are best for this as they really blend the foundation in and make it that bit glowier...

.. which leads me onto finish. This one has a dewy, glowy finish after a good ole' buff in that makes your skin look seriously healthy and radiant. Not necessarily the best finish for us acne-fied gals as it does accentuate the bumpy forehead so I do tend to set with a light powder dusting.

On my normal/combination skin this hasn't got the best lasting power - maybe 4 or 5 hours, with primer and powder? Certainly not one to wear for work or school, this would not hold up my 9 hour day at all! However, it is the perfect thing to apply over any makeup as it doesn't go cakey or look uneven, it just adds that extra glow and coverage if you're heading out straight from work or school.

I know it's a lot of people's HG but for me this isn't something I'll be using everyday, and it certainly won't be replacing colourstay! But it's well worth a try for dry skinned girls or pale uns' as the shade range does run slightly lighter (I'm 51 FYI - the palest of the pale!). If you are gonna go get you some, its £10.99 from Boots and Superdrug. Now it's time for a foundation buying ban... but Perfection Lumiere sounds so me!

What is your favourite foundation?

Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.