Apologies + What's In My Travel Makeup + Skincare Bag? Edinburgh 2014

First and foremost, major apologies for not having posts up for the past few days, scheduling for when I was in Scotland went a bit haywire and I was left postless, but I'll have a couple posts today to make up for it :)

So as already mentioned on twitter and in a couple of posts, I was in Edinburgh for Easter, thankfully the weather was beautiful, more on that in a new WP which will be up shortly. However, considering this is a beauty blog, I thought I'd give you the edit of what was in my travel makeup bag and what I brought skincare-wise. We did only bring cabin baggage so I had to keep liquids to a minimum, and therefore this was what made the cut:

I did bring wipes (I know, the sin!) but after a long day they make makeup removal so easy especially if you just want to clear up eye makeup and start afresh - I chose the Primark wipes because they don't sting, and the Kleenex Eye Makeup Removal Wipes which were only about 50p in Superdrug on sale. I like, but I wouldn't go out of my way to repurchase them. Then for a proper makeup remover, I brought some of my Biophasse Micellar Water decanted into a little bottle - I ended up toning with this too. A balmy cleanser was something that I felt essential, and I chose to bring my Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter which made cleansing so easy. For daytime moisturiser, I took a little pot of my Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser which just works so well for my skin as a spot treatment too. Then in the evening I used the Balance Me Radiance Face Oil, which smells a bit funky but hydrates well. Then for eyes and lips I took my Boots Vitamin E Eye Cream and my Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm Stick.

Makeup now! For brushes and tools, I brought my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and my Expert Face Brush for concealer blending. For powder, the Blush Brush is my go-to and then for cheek work the Duo-Fiber Face Brush worked a treat. One eye brush, a synthetic dense brush from Tiger which costs £1! And obviously I needed my Eyeko Lash Curlers, you can get your's free with the May issue of InStyle. For primer, I brought a sample of the Garnier Perfect Blur which I own in the full size and love. I skipped the foundation and took two concealers, the 17 Phwoarr Paint, which is a new HG, and Collection Lasting Perfection (boy, she's original!). Then my Revlon Nearly Naked Powder works best for oil control so he came along with the elf blushed/bronzed duo which is so simple to use. Eyes were kept simple, with a bit of Maybelline's Brow Drama for the brows, loads of my No7 Extreme Lenght Extend which is A.MA.ZING! If I wanted to play up the eyes a bit, I blended the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl in Bronze all around the eyes for that Carine effect, but if I wanted to keep the eyes bare I went for a bold lip using 17's Knockout Lip Crayon. However, most days I kept it to Revlon's Demure Laquer Balm.

How great was I, light packing! I used this bag from superdrug for all my liquids and no one a security batted an eyelid so it may be worth an investment if you travel a lot and don't like the flimsy sandwich bags!


Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.