Top 5 Books | My Fave Reads EVER


I'm a big reader - I love books and have read a lot. I'm also a firm believer that 'young adult' books are better written than most adult books, hence the lack of 'adult' books (plus I'd classify myself as a young adult so these books fit my age anyway!). These are my top 5 books (with an extra!).

Runner Up: Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

I had a big Sarah Dessen reading spree this spring and read loads of hers, but this was my favourite. A 'good girl gone bad' type tale, this was a quick, easy read.


Fifth: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling

I was a big HP fan a while ago but I re-read The Deathly Hallows earlier this year after I bought the huge American edition at a car boot sale and fell back in love. These will never get old.


Fourth: The Murder Notebooks Series (Dead Time//Killing Rachel) by Anne Cassidy

Dead Time was on Carnegie in 2013, and I loved it, so when the second instalment, Killing Rachel, was released, I read it instantly. I need the third (Xmas list?)!


Third: The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater

I love this series - so fast paced and exciting. I hated twilight (don't unfollow, please x) but these wolves are so original, I loved it!


Second: The Pillars of the Earth//World Without End by Ken Follett

These were featured in a couple of favourites posts, and I really enjoyed these. Though there were some grusome scenes (what kind of a person chucks a baby out of a window?), I highly recommend the books and TV serials.


First: Life: An Exploded Diagram by Mal Peet

This is my favouite book ever, but I don't own it. I borrowed it from a library and found it filled with cool doodles which made it so much more fun to read! Plus, the Cold War is one of my fave historical periods (history nerd alert!).


What are your favourite books?

Love, L x


2 comments

  1. Great selection! I haven't read The Murder Notebook series but I really want to at some point. I just finished reading 'The Small Hand' by Susan Hill, gave me the shivers but it's SO good! Lovely post!
    L xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, may have to leave that one until the lighter summer (don't want to read anything too scary in the dark!). Reminds me of Long Lankin; that's a good'un too but a bit creepy!

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.