My Makeup Collection and Storage 2013 | UK Blog Makeup Collection

 So... Happy Christmas Eve everybody and here's your early Christmas present - my makeup collection. I've been blogging for over a year now and have never shown my storage but I'm (mostly) happy with it now so I thought I'd share. This is quite picture heavy but I'll try to include where I bought things and answer any questions you may have in the comments.

*disclaimer - thought I best give a little disclaimer: I'm not trying to brag, I do have a lot of makeup, but I don't think this is anything to be proud of! I do save up a lot and have money in various saving schemes, I also work at home doing various jobs for my parents and family members so that's where I get my money from - I have recieved makeup as gifts but in no way do my parents buy my makeup for me! I promise - no bragging!*

 This is my setup - my window is on the right above a Malm chest of drawers from IKEA. The desk is made by my daddy - it's just a piece of wood attatched to the wall and the drawers. The higher level at the back with the cups on it was there when my dad bought the house 20 years ago and is just a chunk out of the wall! The silver drawers on the left are from WHSmith and were about £10 for each 3-drawer set. The mirror is from Homebase (I think!).


On the top of the silver drawers I keep my skincare and hairspray for everyday use that isn't kept in the bathroom along with some wet wipes and tissues. 


The majority of my makeup lives in these drawers. They're pretty sturdy but get dirty really easily!


The top drawer is a bit of a mish-mash. In it there are some individual lashes, kabuki brushes I don't use too often, lipsticks that don't fit anywhere else and sponges. This is what I call 'the messy drawer' (comment if you know where that's from x).


Second drawer down is the blush drawer. To the left are cream blushes and the right are powders. Some of my favourites are Natural Collection, Fashionista and elf.


Third drawer down holds my bronzers and highlighters, with creams at the back and powders at the front. I decided to keep the sleek face form kit in here as I dislike the blush.


Fourth drawer down is eyes - this holds mascaras (I do chuck them out after 6 months but I have quite a few on the go at the mo!), eyeshadows, eyeshadow bases and my Maybelline gel eyeliner.


Second one up did not want to be photographed! This holds primers, concealers and powders. I am a serious concealer junkie but my faves are Kiko full cover and maybelline fit me.


The bottom drawer is the heaviest - the bases drawer. Most used at the front, least used at the back. I love bases (as you can tell!).

 To the right of the drawers is where I store lip products, pencils and palettes.


In this little pot next to the drawers I keep lip balms - wilko, yes to, burt's bees, baby lips and more! The pot is an old IKEA candle.


 My lipstick cube holds my 24 favourite lipsticks. I bought it from Amazon and I love it. 
Front row (l-r): Revlon Lip Butters in Cupcake, Sweet Tart, Peach Parfait, Juicy Papaya, Strawberry Shortcake, Candy Apple, Berry Smoothie and Sugar Plum.
Second Row (l-r): No7 'Lovely', No7 'Divine', Seventeen 'LA', Seventeen 'Belle', Rimmel Kate Moss '16', MUA '3', MUA '2', MUA '4'.
Third Row (l-r): Revlon 'Pink in the Afternoon', Diego Dalla Palma 'Red', L'Oreal 'Tempting Lilac', MUA Matte 'Peachy Keen', MUA Matte 'Wild Berry', Rimmel 'Notting Hill Nude', Seventeen 'Pink Posey', Seventeen 'Deep Secret'.
 
Behind the lipstick brick, on the little shelf, I have 4 cups. The mug on the left is from John Lewis in the Sanderson Dandelion Clocks wallpaper pattern that we have in our kitchen (it cracked so I glued it together and use it for eye products), the blue floral bowl is from IKEA, the mug on the right is in an old Royal Doulton pattern (I think!) and the last pot with cotton buds in it was an old candle.

 


The first cup holds liquid eyeliners, brow products, eye pencils and jumbo eyeshadow sticks.



The second pot holds lipglosses and a Max Factor Longwear Lip Cream. 



The third mug holds jumbo lip crayons and lipliners. I love Soap and Glory and Revlon for jumbo crayons and Look Beauty's lipliners.

 

I store my favourite palettes in this letter rack from WHSmith. I love MUA palettes as the eyeshadows are really pigmented and they have a good selection, with my favourite ebeing the Undressed one.


Lastly, my brushes and lash curler (and tweezers) are kept in this mug, same as the third one on the shelf. I mostly own Real Techniques brushes, with some elf, Tiger, Makani Cosmetics and Bella Pierre ones thrown in for good measure. My lash curlers are from Wilkos (though eyeko ones are on their way) and my tweezers are from Tiger.


I hope you enjoyed this post, and I hope to see you all tomorrow for a Countdown to Christmas round-up and my favourite posts of the past year! Have a great Christmas Eve, love you all so much!

Love, L X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.