Products Not Worth The Hype | Overhyped Beauty Products

*Sorry this post's a bit late but I had a classics quiz and many other geeky things to do! Tomorrow's post will be up on time! X Lizzie X*

Ahh... Products not worth the hype. I've been sucked in many a time by bloggers raving about products and most of the time, I love the things I buy but sometimes I'm thoroughly disappointed. That's not to say I hate any of these products (I like a few of them) but I just don't think they deserve the hype they get.

Makeup

Revlon BB Cream - I like the finish, coverage and shade of this but the lasting power on my DRY skin is terrible - it lasts about an hour before going patchy or melting off (and in English weather that doesn't have an excuse!). I will wear it occasionally if I'm just popping to the shops but it would be impossible for an everyday basis.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - These just crease on me like crazy! Even with a high-end primer they crease ithin two minutes of putting them on and setting with powder. I have the shade rust which is beautiful but I cannot wear it for the fear of it smudging everywhere and creasing.

Benefit They're Real Mascara - This is a big one... I have really crappy lashes and this adds a bit of product but doesn't build up my lashes at all! I love L'Oreal mascaras way more!

Benefit Cha Cha Tint - I cannot get this product to work for me - it just leaves angry orange splotches on my cheeks or bleeds from my lips! I've tried fingers, brushes, applying it to my cheeks, applying to my hand and nothing! :( I want it to work as it's such a pretty colour.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer - This shade is far too yellow for me and doesn't blend very well... I think I got a dud product as swatched in Boots, it looks different!

Others

Nip+Fab Clean Fix Oil - This was such a disappointment as it removed my makeup amazingly and left my skin really clean but the next morning my skin was covered in little spots that became huge gross ones - when I just used it on my eyes, my eyes and temples became covered too. I think it's the mineral oil... *slaps wrist*

L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray - I like this a lot but it's no better than any other VO5 or Fudge hairspray I've tried - and it's pricier. I'll stick with Raspberry and Vanilla scented ones, thanks!

Soap and Glory Heel Genius - I've tried it as a foot cream, leave on overnight treatment, the sock thing and all that but it doesn't soften my feet at all! However, Hand Food works fab on the feet and this works amazingly on my excema-fied paws!


If you have a special method for making any of these work let me know in the comments! 
Have you tried anything not worth the hype?

Love, Lizzie x


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.