Monthly Favourites | May 2013







...and now it's June - where did May go?

Well, it's summer now and time for it to get warmer (or not, as the weather decided).


 Starting with nail polish - a few shades tickled my fancy this month so I decided to pick them up

 Barry M Gelly High-Shine Nail Paint in Dragon Fruit

Such a pretty baby pink at such an affordable price - with a hint of spring neon this pink was a must-have when on 3 for 2 and the formula is amazing too.

Sinful Colors Cream Nail Enamel in Soul Mate

These nail polishes recently hit the eisles of boots and for only £1.99 I had to try - the cream formula's a little thick for my tastes but the colour is too good to resist!

Revlon Nail Enamel in Charismatic

Not sure if this is discontinued but it's the perfect coral with a hint of peach pearl.

Sinful Colours Glitter Nail Enamel in Pinky Glitter

After hearing 'theothersideofthirty' on youtube talk about this I had to try it. It's a coraly pink on the nails but two coats will give you full-on glitz.

Barry M Nail Paint in Acid Yellow

Did 'missglamorazzi' pick this up in England last year? I think it may be discontinued because I cannot find it in store but with a white base it screams yellow summer and is super neon!





Skincare next...

St Ives Blemish Fighting Scrub

An old and faithful friend of mine - I will never be without this as it is so abrasive and so removes all the dry patches on my skin.

Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean

Now using as a cleanser/mask double - still obsessed!
Is this being discontinued? Do I have to buy a million bottles?
Let me know!!!

Wilkinsons Lip Balm in Strawberry

Such a cheap product but is great for keeping one in the handbag, on in the blazer and one in my locker for touch ups - 3 for 99p is so cheap!

Superdxrug Naturally Radiant Renewing Night Cream

I've been testing this for a while and love it - it leaves my skin moisturised and I never get dry patches when I use this!

Nivea Sun Kids' SPF50

For face and body - it doesn't break me out but I'll only use it on my face if I'm in a rush.

Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream

On realising that I needed an eye cream I bought the cheapest  one on offer and found it to be amazing - it hydrates without feeling heavy or sticky.

No7 Normal/Dry Day Cream

I need this on my skin when I have dryer days because it hydrates and leaves my skin smooth.

Avon Facial Sunscreen SPF50

I need a high SPF during summer and this is non greasy and dries fast - a perfect base for makeup.



now for the makeup...


Witch Anti-Blemish BB Cream

After breaking out this month I went back to using this and love it - it leaves my skin dewy and prevents breakouts growing.

Nivea Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturiser

This leaves my skin glowing - like Rimmel Wake Me Up but with less coveage - see here for full review.

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer

I hate Maybelline Dream Lumi as it creases on me like crazy but this lasts all day looking perfect - the packaging is cute too!

Pixi Lid Lash Shadow Pen in Beaming Reflection

I bought this on a whim from amazon and love it - it leaves a pretty sheen and is a great base for eyeshadow

Revlon Lip Gloss in Pink Crystals

Part two of my perfect pink lip of the month. It is non-sticky and a really gorgeous peachy pink.

e.l.f studio blush in candid coral

My least favourite of my elf blushes but I've been surprisingly picking it a lot this month - a peachy-coral with a hint of shimmer.

Benefit They're Real Mascara

A sample from ELLE magazine - well worth £4 but not £18 as it does tend to clump and it still in my lashes after industrial strength remover.

Seventeen Lipstick in Belle

A lovely sheer moisturising lipstick that leaves my lips a rosy pink - like a lip butter but cheaper. The mirror in the cap in useful too.

Milani Quad in Denim Blues

I know blue people shoudn't really wear blue eyeshadow but who cares? These look pretty on my blue eyes and for a pound in poundland you really can't go wrong.



a few random favourites to finish including my Primark sunnies, wallet from Monki and Butterfly perfume from M&S.

I've also loved  the cranberry lemonade from the latter and have devoured about five bottles on train journeys in the last week alone!


Thanks for reading and I'll be uploading soon - any requests please email to me or leave as a comment - I love to hear from you and will always reply!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.