Hop into Spring 2013 | Update Your Makeup Bag

Any excuse to buy more makeup...


 Spring is here and after all the dark cranberry and black eyeshadows of Autumn I am pleased to bring back teals and shimmery cream shades for Spring. Although I am one for heavier (not heavy, heavier) makeup in the Winter than in the Spring, I won't be ignoring my favourite foundations but they won't get as much use as my BB Creams and Tinted Moisturisers. 

 Anyway, here are a few products that I think will suit Springtime well and they are all drugstore/high street - yay!


Rimmel BB Cream


This BB Cream is one of my favourites as it gives a dewy finish and a really lovely glow to the skin. It is easy to blend and lives up to 8 out of 9 of its claims; it primes (lasts all day on me), minimises pores, conceals, covers, smoothes, mattifies, brightens and helps protect against sun damage with SPF 25. However it does not moisturise my skin as it says it will. 
This comes in 3 shades - Light (my shade), Medium and Medium/Dark. Light is a little darker than my skintone but bronzing up my neck makes everything even - I wouldn't go for this if you are very very pale.
Cost: £6.99 (bargain!)


MUA Blush Perfection Cream Blush



I've not tried many cream blushes but these are some of my favourites as they are creamy and so easy to blend. I have three colours; Dolly, a bright peachy-coral, Bittersweet, a shocking Barbie pink, and Blossom, a neutral browny-peach. These leave a dewy finish so not best for oilier skins unless you set them with powder (e.g. powder blush or translucent powder).
Cost: £2.00 (OMG!)


Eyeshadow - MUA Heaven and Earth Palette, Miss Sporty Duo in Lively Spirit and Natural Collection Single in Mermaid


The Heaven and Earth Palette is a staple in my collection as it contains some beautiful shades (my faves swatched) including a near-white highlight and a lovely brown I use in my crease really often.
Cost: £4.00
Miss Sporty Eyeshadows and makeup in general is completely underrated but the shadows come in a large shade range and are super pigmented as seen above).
Cost: £2.59 (can sometimes be found in Poundland)
 Natural Collection's 'Mermaid' eyeshadow is great for use on the lower lash line as it gives a pretty blue pop!
Cost: £1.79


NEW Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya

 

I love this coral for spring!!! It gives the lips a nice orange tint and makes the whole face look a lot more bright and I love it soooo much! The formula, as with all the butters, is so creamy and makes my lips soft as a baby's butt! I love these but they are a bit pricey for the high street but worth it.
 Cost: £7.99


So the cost of re-vamping our makeup bags is... £29.36!!!
That includes:
Rimmel BB Cream
MUA Cream Blush in Bittersweet
MUA Cream Blush in Dolly
MUA Cream Blush in Blossom
MUA Heaven and Earth Palette
Miss Sporty Duo Eyeshadow in Lively Spirit
Natural Collection Single Eyeshadow in Mermaid
NEW Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya

Under £30 for all that!!! Plus 3 for 2 at boots!!! Brilliant!!!

What will you be updating your makeup bag with this season? Would you like to see a summer update when it comes around?



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.